1. What is the CWIM Conference? Our inaugural conference, in June 2018, was designed as an opportunity for female physicians to learn, connect, and decompress in a fun and supportive environment. Keynote speakers and workshops covered a range of topics that touched all aspects of women’s lives: professional, financial and personal. The conference brought together over 500 women physicians from across the country and was a huge success. Feedback was so positive and so clearly highlighted an ongoing need for such opportunities that we decided to make this an annual event. The 2019 conference in Toronto was even bigger, with over 800 women physicians in attendance. For the first time, we will be going west in 2020, to beautiful Victoria, British Columbia. We have expanded our workshops and added some new elements as we have grown, for example, the mentorship breakfast.
2. How do I arrange for hotel accommodations for the Conference? The CWIM 2020 conference is being held at the Victoria Conference Center in Victoria, British Columbia. CWIM Conference has secured rooms at a special rate at two hotels:
The Fairmont Empress (our main hotel: connected to the Conference Centre)
a. Rooms start at $299. Please click here to book your room at the Fairmont Empress. 2. The Parkside Hotel & Spa (approximately a 5 minute walk away) a.Rooms start at $259. Please click here to book your room at the Parkside Hotel.
3. I’m planning to fly to Victoria. Is there a discount for flights? Yes! We’ve arranged a group travel discount with Air Canada and WestJet for travel to Victoria. Air Canada: To access the discount, visit www.aircanada.com PROMO CODE: HFX6TEJ1 Travel from May 26-June 13, 2020 Up to 10% off depending on fare type (no discount on Tango fares)
WestJet: 5% off Econo* and 10% off EconoFlex and Premium fares for travel within Canada. To take advantage of this offer, you will need the discount code listed. Please visit www.westjet.com/conventions to make a booking online. Travel from: May 27 to June 12, 2020 COUPON CODE: H72DD80 4. I registered for the conference but can no longer make it. Can I sell my ticket to a colleague? Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept substitutions/transfers for the 2020 conference.
5. I need to cancel my registration. What’s your cancellation policy? All cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com.
We understand that plans change and life throws us curve balls… however, due to the complex administration involved in planning this event, the following policies have been developed after careful consideration:
Workshops are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Full refund (less $100 administrative fee) if cancellation received by February 4, 2020.
50% refund if cancellation received between February 4 and March 4, 2020.
No cash refunds after March 4, 2020
Cancellations received between March 4 and May 4, 2020 will receive a $250 credit toward CWIM 2021.
After May 4, 2020, there will be no refunds and no credits.
*This policy includes cancellations for any reason, without exception, including serious personal and family issues. Also includes: weather-related, puking kids-related, annoying-colleague-changed-your-call-week-related, your-sister-decided-to-elope-related. :)*
6. I want to register but the conference is now sold out! Is there a wait list? Yes, there is! You can add yourself to the wait list by clicking here and complete the registration form. If tickets become available, you will be contacted by email and have 48 hrs to register online.
7. Can I switch workshops? Workshops are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
8. I registered, but now I want to add an additional workshop or social event. If you’d like to add a workshop or other event to your existing conference registration, please log back in to Registration using your login information (found in your registration confirmation email) and add your workshop or social event.
9. Is there a special rate for trainees? Yes! Residents can register after Jan 4, 2020 for $600 + GST. Residents who are CWIM partners can take part in early-bird and discounted registration for $500 + GST.
10. What does the conference registration fee cover? In collaboration with our conference sponsors, we’ve done our best to keep the cost low for everyone while making sure you have an outstanding experience on all levels.
The general conference registration fee covers two days jam-packed with inspiring, acclaimed speakers, breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages throughout each day and the opportunity to meet, laugh, and network with women physicians from across the country. Your registration also includes our Welcome Cocktail and Conversations (cash bar), which will feature a keynote speaker and silent auction. All of this in a beautiful venue centrally located in the vibrant, beautiful city of Victoria. You will also earn CME credits – stay tuned for details! The general conference registration fee does not cover pre-conference events and workshops, or evening social event on Friday. Registration for these can be purchased separately during the online conference registration process.
11. Is the conference accredited? Yes, this conference will be accredited for CME/CPD. We are in the process of finalizing this and will post more information here and to the conference website once available.
12. What is the agenda and who are the speakers this year? We are thrilled to have a lineup of knowledgeable, accomplished, and widely acclaimed speakers on a range of topics from personal to professional. For more details on the agenda and speakers for the conference, click here.
13. I have some great ideas for speakers for this conference! How should I send you this information? Our speaker lineup for the 2020 conference is set but we’d love to hear your ideas for speakers for our 2021 conference! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14.I have dietary restrictions. Can these be accommodated? There is an opportunity to list all serious allergies (and celiac disease) on the registration form. We will arrange to have adequate meals and snacks for the more common dietary preferences, such as: lactose intolerance, vegetarianism, low carbohydrate, vegan, gluten-free and kosher-style.
15.Can I bring my baby to the conference? Similar to last year, babies-in-arms are welcome at the conference and we will have a comfortable, dedicated space for nursing or pumping moms. However, we would discourage toddlers or children attending.
16.I am registered for the Welcome Cocktails & Conversations event but I was not charged. Is this an error? No, this is not an error. For the first time, we have decided to make this event free of charge, and have a cash bar on site in lieu of drink tickets. Come join us after dinner for some drinks in the beautiful Crystal Ballroom at the Fairmont Empress. Dr. Ann Collins, President-Elect of the CMA will be speaking around 9 pm, and of course, we will again have some very hard-to-resist items in our Silent Auction, with all proceeds going to Dr. Elana Fric’s children.
17.Can my friend come to the conference? She’s a nurse/naturopath/chiropractor/ speech language pathologist/other health care professional. The CWIM conference is for physicians only. Because our mandate is the wellbeing of women MDs, and given we have sold out every year, it would not be in keeping with our mission to allow allied health professionals to register while a significant number of women physicians are waitlisted.